Proper Preparation Prevents Presentation Predicaments

Thursday 7 March 2013

Personal Experience

Getting the audience's attention and keeping that attention is probably one of the most difficult things during a presentation. By asking the audience questions and showing them demonstrations gets the audience involved in your presentation. I did a presentation before where I asked my audience questions every couple of minutes to get them involved. I let them know that if they listened and mentioned 3 points I talked about and why they thought they were important points at the end of my presentation, they will receive a prize. The prize was a box of candies which they got to choose from. I realized that giving the audience something will help because you will know that you are not wasting your time, because you have the audiences attention, when I didn't give away any prizes or ask questions I realized I lost a lot of students attention which made me want to finish my presentation as fast as possible and I lost interest in my presentation myself. After working on this blog I realized I need to improve my presentation skills by having more eye contact with my audience. This can be done by going over my presentation over and over before hand. I will have more knowledge on my topic which will decrease the amount of times I look at my paper and increase the amount of times I look at my audience.

Feel free to tell me about your good or bad experiences in the post comment option below I will be happy to read them and try to help you improve with your next presentation.

1 comment: